[ExI] Which nootropics work best?

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Thu Mar 17 13:22:26 UTC 2011

On 2011-03-17 11:56, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> I noticed some cognitive improvement (along with general well-being
> and slightly improved vision which was fine to start with) by way of
> basic supplementation. No nootropics whatsoever, and I don't think
> their marginal utility is worth the risk long-term.
>
> It's a fad.

Like web surfing (a former Swedish minister of communications actually
said that in 1996).

I'm convinced we could make worthwhile nootropics that affect brain
health and growth, but we need a regulatory climate that makes R&D on
them possible. As long as only therapeutic drugs are allowed, the useful
enhancers will not be developed.

--
Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute