[ExI] Are mini nuclear power stations the way forward?

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Mar 17 14:46:58 UTC 2011

>... On Behalf Of Eugen Leitl
Subject: Re: [ExI] Are mini nuclear power stations the way forward?

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 08:40:28PM -0700, spike wrote:

>> Mike, we don't have 10-20 years.  The problem is that the Japanese
>> quake has scared off nuclear power investors now.  We will be forced
>> to lower consumption by market forces, and that includes lower
consumption of food.

>...Electricity, particularly nuclear electricity, has zero impact of food
production. I should say that again.

>...Electricity, particularly nuclear electricity, has zero impact of food
production. I should say that again.

>...Electricity, particularly nuclear electricity, has zero impact of food
production. I should say that again.

>...Everybody got that? Probably not.--Eugen* Leitl

Yes we get that, but that isn't what I meant.  What I meant was electricity
prices are tied to our economic wellbeing, which has impact on our food
consumption.  If the utility company takes more of the proles paycheck, the
grocery store gets less, along with everything else.