[ExI] Chain of causes

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Mar 18 13:36:39 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 09:28:11AM -0400, Richard Loosemore wrote:
> Eugen Leitl wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 09:03:35AM -0400, Richard Loosemore wrote:
>>> desire it, but then it does as it pleases.  The reverse is that the
>>> only  design that actually does do what we want it to do, has a
>>> mechanism that  does not look as though it should really work.
>>
>> Did I get that right? Did you just color large swathes of approach
>> space sterile?
>
> Clarification please...?

I was actually asking for clarifying what you meant. To me
it looks like the only controllable/predictable systems are
sterile (crystalline order), while the only fertile region
is boundary of crystalline order and chaos (EoC), which
however is incomputable, and hence out of control.

(This is all just opinion and handwaving, of course, and difficult to
nail numbers upon).