[ExI] note from a foaf in japan

F. C. Moulton moulton at moulton.com
Tue Mar 22 01:13:12 UTC 2011

On 03/21/2011 12:09 AM, Kelly Anderson wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 10:48 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
>>> This thread seems the typical libertarian response, though.  "Humans are
>> insufficiently rational for the pure market, let them die off until
>> rationality improves."
>
> Equating libertarians with people who want to eat small children
> doesn't help. It's silly, and we should be able to argue our ideas at
> a higher level.

Kelly makes a very good point.   Holding a particular political view
about the relationship between the individual and government does not
translate into any particular level of personal benevolence and charity
towards others.  You can find kind and generous people as well as
disagreeable and stingy people in virtually any political or religious
or social group.

It is now Spring (at least according to the calendar) so I urge those
that can to make a donation for Japan, another for Haiti (they are still
hurting) and another for your local food bank.

Fred