[ExI] EROEI

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Mon May 2 06:37:38 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 9:57 AM, Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com> wrote:
> If it takes that long, I doubt we will see it at all.  That's probably
> post singularity.  I expect the singularity to be accompanied by a
> precipitous fall in energy demand per capita.  The advanced countries
> use on the order of 10kW per person.  It would take about 1% of that
> to power them directly and 1/5 of a percent to run the brains alone.

The Singularity will result in a precipitous fall in energy demand? I
really don't see how. Every advance so far made by humanity has
resulted in higher per capita energy demand. I don't see how the
Singularity is different in this regard. Could you please spell out
your argument Keith, this is very counter-intuitive for me. You may be
right, I just don't see how you could be.

-Kelly