[ExI] Good Calories, Bad Calories

Tue May 3 11:27:04 UTC 2011

Rafal Smigrodzki wrote,
### People on Atkins diet have a lower total caloric intake, despite lack of any limitations on the amounts of food. This would contradict your statement.

Not at all.  I actually agree with the above statement and think it is scientific.

What is funny is that I don't think you realize that Taubes would disagree with you.  He would argue that total calories don't matter  and that lowering total caloric intake isn't useful.  He would claim that as a doctor, you have been brainwashed by the medical conspiracy establishment into believing this false lie about total calories being a good meter of anything.

That conspiracy theory is what my statement was trying to dispute, not your scientific statement above.