[ExI] Zero State & other 'splinter' transhumanist movements

Amon Zero amon at doctrinezero.com
Tue May 3 14:59:52 UTC 2011

On 3 May 2011 14:33, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Although actually doing stuff is exciting for the youngsters it is not
> impossible that some of the older people who are already too busy (or
> too tired) to get their hands dirty themselves might have useful words
> of advice to offer. A lot of thrashing around with trial and error
> development might be avoided with a touch on the rudder to point you
> in the right direction.

I have to say, I personally would be over the moon if we started to see that
kind of thing happening. I have small children and a demanding job myself,
so already delegation and distributed responsibility is becoming very
important, and I expect/hope that people in relatively low-commitment
"guidance" roles will come to be an important feature of the initiative. We
shall see.

Perhaps the most productive thing I can do on this front is to say that when
there is a stable list of projects and activities in progress (hopefully 1-3
weeks from now), I'll post it here with contact details for each team, so
anyone interested can say hi and offer welcome advice to the relevant
team(s) without having to wade through a lot of uninteresting discussion
etc...?

I'd make a point of telling team leaders to expect this - the knowledge of
ExI list members would, I think, prove immensely valuable to these projects.

Best,