[ExI] Did Hugo de Garis leave the field?

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed May 4 16:53:29 UTC 2011

On 2 May 2011 09:37, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Privacy Lost: The Amazing Benefits of the Completely Examined Life

We used (say, in tribal life) not to have any real privacy. We are probably
going back to that in the global village.

Mind, I liked it to some extent. But what is much worse than the loss of
privacy is the *delusion* of privacy - or the attempts to get it back.

In Europe, a EU directive pertaining to personal data processing and
originating from Big Brother and the Bad, Big Corporate Computer Out Of
Control fantasies, has led to a situation where there are *additional*
public agencies and police activities and prosecutorial powers devoted to
putting their collective nose in your PC (or, in some countries like Italy,
even in your paper archive), namely to ensure that you are not processing
personal data without the consent of the individual - or even the legal
entity! - concerned and outside the scope of the relevant regulations; thus
ultimately *increasing* social control and loss of privacy.

--
Stefano Vaj