[ExI] Request for Information (RFI) 100 Year Starship Study

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri May 6 06:24:04 UTC 2011

2011/5/4 Stephen Van Sickle <sjv2006 at gmail.com>:

> https://www.fbo.gov/download/4e9/4e97f00f960077f97483818426f13673/RFI_-_100_Year_Starship_Study.pdf

Interesting little piece of science fiction they're asking for.

I'm thinking of putting a submission together, based on the
asteroid mining idea I've floated, and going on from there to
"set things up so that it will be in the obvious self-interest of
the residents of the resulting space colony, to develop and
exploit cutting edge technologies, culminating in interplanetary
flight within a few decades and quite possibly interstellar flight
within a century".

Would anyone on this list be interested in helping me fill that
submission out, to the level of detail DARPA requests here?
(Don't reply if you merely intend to suggest ideas for me to
write.  If you have a good idea, you'll have to write it well
enough to include in the submission; I can't do that for you
by this deadline.)