[ExI] Planetary defense

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Fri May 6 13:25:28 UTC 2011

Subject: Re: [ExI] Planetary defense

>>New phrasing: Human Extinction Risk is a better phrase than
>>Existential
Risk.

>Yes, I always thought that referred to the dangers of reading French
philosophy :)

"Ja I agree too.  The term existential has long ago been ruined by vague
froofy 19th century philosophers with not enough to do.  Extinction risk is
snappy, it has actual fist in the glove.  Well done Natasha!"

Thanks Spike, but it is Max's phrase I believe.  He is the one that I
discussed it with when I was trying to figure out existential risk meant if
it was not about French philosophy. :_)

Best,
Natasha