[ExI] From Friendly AI to Loving AI

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri May 6 21:54:59 UTC 2011

>... On Behalf Of Eugen Leitl
Subject: Re: [ExI] From Friendly AI to Loving AI

On Fri, May 06, 2011 at 06:26:52PM +0200, Stefano Vaj wrote:

>> If a robot is bound to (behave as if he) be sexually attracted by you...

>...Beware of BDSM robots.

On the contrary sir.  They can be seen as perfectly logical safety devices.
We pair up BM robots with SD humans.  The human gets her kicks safely, the
robots can be easily repaired afterwards.  They feel no actual pain, but
they can be programmed to simulate either pleasure or suffering.  As for SD
robots for BM humans, we have had those for a century: motorcycles.  Well
sorta.

The whole notion is exciting as a controls problem.  Consider the Kurzweil
piano.  This might give Ray a kick to know one of his products inspired this
idea.  Amara, or anyone who is buddies with Ray, do feel free to pass it
along.  If so do extend an invitation to contact me offlist.  I have a
million ideas along these lines.  He might be able to achieve this.
Consider a Kurzweil piano with its digital sampling of an acoustic piano.
When certain keys are hit, the piano responds by playing the pitch.  So we
digitally record audio responses of various human participants in the act of
copulation.  Find those who make the most pleasurable audio-erotic feedback.
Then put sensors in various places on the sex machine, and program it to
make the most delightful audio feedback responses when the sensors are
stimulated correctly.  That would certainly add a dimension to the whole
robo-erotic experience.

Side benefit: when one hears certain sounds, one knows what the neighbor is
up to, and it is perhaps a bad time to go visit.

An intermediate product I suppose would be to digitally sample human
audio-erotic responses and add it as an instrument to a Kurzweil digital
piano.  Then rig it to where one can remotely switch it on, during a formal
recital for instance.  Imagine the comedy value.

If someone likes something that is illegal, such as simulated rape for
instance, they can express that instinct harmlessly with a machine.  Granted
it would be a difficult engineering problem to build a strugglebot.  But we
like difficult engineering challenges.

Regarding the argument that mechanosex would lead to greater isolation
between people, I would again argue to the contrary.  Online contacts will
eventually simultaneously derive the idea of letting her sexbot pleasure his
sexbot.  The humans watch and listen to the digital sounds thus generated.
Perhaps they get on turned.  At that time, each grabs his or her own sexbot
and retires to a bedroom for an hour or two.  Then the two humans could
visit afterwards and discuss how it was.  As the two sexbots again turn
their attention towards each other.

Or, we could set up a feedback macro, where the two sexbots master skills in
how to do humans from each other: listening and learning from the sounds
they produce in the other.

The possibilities are endless and delightful.