[ExI] Kelly's future

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat May 7 18:23:20 UTC 2011

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Stefano Vaj
.

>.People have for a long time fallen in love with virtual characters.... --
Stefano Vaj

Ja, for perhaps over 100 years.  I have fallen desperately in love with Jody
Foster's Ellie Arroway from Contact, with Donna Reed's Mary Hatch from It's
a Wonderful Life, with Amy Madigan's Annie from Field of Dreams, with Ingrid
Bergman's Elsa in Casablanca.  Perhaps with sufficiently advanced virtual
reality, we could pick three or four of our favorite fiction characters and
make a composite.  Imagine a woman with Mary's beauty and kindheartedness,
Elsa's beauty and do-the-right-thing-ism, Annie's spirit, and Ellie
Arroway's brains.   Oh my.