[ExI] Kelly's future

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Wed May 11 08:58:39 UTC 2011

On May 11, 2011, at 1:06 AM, John Grigg wrote:

> This is a very interesting thread and I had fun responding...
>

> On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 11:09 PM, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/5/6 salvatore micheal / sam iam <micheals at msu.edu>:
>

> Agreed. When the divorce rate is 50%, and a robot becomes the most
> natural and safe 'rebound' relationship, it could get really high. I
> think mostly it depends on whether women become less militant in the
> future. If women have to compete with robots, will it improve the
> women? Men are treated so shabbily in many relationships that robots
> make a pretty reasonable alternative to further abuse. With the
> continued growth of nasty personality disorders, I think this could
> become pretty common.
>

> You bring up a fascinating point.  But just as we guys have our viewpoints, women have their own "war stories" to share and emotional scars to reveal.  I do think many women have gotten harshly demanding, and I have seen a some ugly cases up close.  I realize many women want the handsome and successful alpha male type, and so when they decide to "settle" for a beta male because that's what they can get, they develop great resentment, and take it out on the poor guy that they married.

Well that is a bit sexist  If guys  actually marry agrown up woman instead of an insecure child they might  not need to worry so much about such things.  Same thing is true on the other side.  Now some would be alpha males out there are probably really big on having that trophy wife to show off their all-around prowess.  Equally sexist, right?

Not to worry.  I expect human 2.0 to get over a lot of this stuff if we are to have much change at a future.

- samantha