[ExI] i.materialise Machine Man Human Augmentation Design Challenge

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed May 11 09:04:10 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 10:26:52AM +0300, Anders Sandberg wrote:
> Something you might want to contribute to (and fitting with the
> Humanity+ theme this weekend):
> http://i.materialise.com/blog/entry/i-materialise-machine-man-human-augmentation-design-challenge
>
> Not certain how much you can do within the competition constraints, but

A laser-sintered titanium implant to enhance a normal, healthy human?
Using which metric for enhancement? Like this:

http://www.google.com/search?q=extreme%20body%20mod&hl=en&safe=off&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1745&bih=982

?

I think that's going to be very, very tough.

> as Stravinsky said, "limitations set you free" - maybe this is good fuel
> for creativity.

Laser-sintered Ti would be a great material for RepRap.