[ExI] Cephalization, proles--Where is government going?

Amon Zero amon at doctrinezero.com
Fri May 13 08:09:07 UTC 2011

On 13 May 2011 04:50, Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 4:25 AM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Nice to know that the 44 million surviving on food stamps deserve it
> > because it is their own fault.
>
> ### Yes, it is. And no, actually they don't deserve the stamps.
> -----------------
>  I guess you don't have to worry about
> > the problem now. Half of those 44 million are children though,
>
> ### Then it's their parents' fault.

Although I am partial to aspects of libertarianism - particularly the
non-economic, politics of personal liberty aspects - it is viewpoints like
Rafal's above, that make me glad that there is unlikely to ever be a
libertarian movement that achieves its aims in any kind of systematic way.
In other words, for once I am glad of a "movement" whose members are all
talk.

I'm aware that this is quite a pointed comment (for me, at least), but I
have to agree with Samantha that these pointless conversations have been
doing the rounds for 2+ decades now, never changed anything that I'm aware
of, and don't look set to change anything in the forseeable future.

- A