[ExI] Usages of the term libertarianism

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue May 17 17:03:14 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 3:16 PM, spike wrote:
<snip>
> We need to have words for high income low assets, and low income high
> assets.  Rich and poor are overworked words.

The general rule for being eligible for food stamps is 10% above the
state poverty level.

The rules are complex, depending on the size of household and whether
children, retirees or unemployed people are in the household, but I
don't believe that people with millionaire assets can claim food
stamps.

Because the rules are complex, it can appear to onlookers that unfair
cases slip through the net, because you don't know the details of the
claimant household. And, of course, some people defraud the system.

But I doubt that 44 million people are cheating the system. I think
they are desperate for food to survive. Claiming and using food stamps
is not a lifestyle that many families aspire to.

BillK