[ExI] From Friendly AI to Loving AI

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri May 20 14:49:20 UTC 2011

>... On Behalf Of BillK
Subject: Re: [ExI] From Friendly AI to Loving AI

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 7:09 AM, spike  wrote:
<snip>
> Actually I do see an ethical contradiction.  If a really rich guy
> fathers a child and arranges for the baby and mother a comfortable
> living at his expense, that is far preferable to the poor guy who does
> the same but cannot afford to support his family.  Hmmm.

>...Spike, I wouldn't use ethical to describe that situation.   :)  That's
why men fight each other to get money and power...If you have so much money
that paying for your mistakes is just pocket money, that doesn't make it
ethical.  The crooks on Wall Street pay nominal fines all the time, but get
to keep most of their ill-gotten gains. It is just a normal (trivial)
operating expense.  BillK

BillK, follow that line of reasoning and separate the Wall Street crook from
the rich film star who sires an offspring.  Those are two different
situations and I agree with you on the Wall Street example.  But here we
have Aaaahnold, who lied to cover for his political career, definitely
wrong, but who supplied a good living to his mistress, better than she would
have had otherwise.  The child inherits Aaahnold's genes, which produced an
individual who made a fortune legitimately, so he wins over most randomly
chosen alternatives.  The mistress apparently entered the relationship
voluntarily.  Sure it is sleazy, but this is Hollyweird and Sacramento, and
that sort of thing happens.  I see no victim here.