[ExI] From Friendly AI to Loving AI

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Fri May 20 16:12:34 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 7:38 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

snip

> Between Dawkins and Keith Henson, I have learned much.

:-)

snip

> Aaaahnold made sure his second family was cared for, so I guess I hafta cut
> him some extra slack on that.

Gordon Getty had a second family.  Even more so than Arnold he could
support them.  Of course, he could have divorced his wife and married
again to have more children, but he chose not to do so and as far as I
know his (primary) wife stayed with him.  (Don't know about the
secondary one.)

> The lying part of course is a major no-no.

There has been so much going on with news this year that I might have missed it.

Maybe you can point out where Arnold lied?  Did he deny having this
extra kid when asked about it?

I don't think keeping your trap shut is normally considered lying.

snip

> What I'm really interested in is the transhumanist angle of it... if we have
> powerful AGIs in the future, and they screw up, which they will, then what
> is to be done about it? How will it be perceived? I think it's a fascinating
> question to ponder.

Given the scale of decisions powerful AGI would be making, having one
of them screw up could be a prelude to a disaster much worse than the
current mess in Japan.

Keith