[ExI] Rossi-Focardi device again

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Mon May 23 00:05:20 UTC 2011

Il 22/05/2011 23:47, spike ha scritto:
>> ... On Behalf Of Mirco Romanato
>> Subject: Re: [ExI] Rossi-Focardi device again

>> If he enrich the nickel so the 64Ni is more than 1 %, the reaction could
> make sense?  Mirco

> I have been pondering that.  If they had centrifuges to extract the heavy
> nickel, they could use the same process to enrich uranium, with the end
> product being far more valuable.

Well, from what I understand, separating Uranium Isotopes is a bit more
difficult because their weight is very similar (235-238) where the
Nickel is 57-64 IIRC. And procuring the Yellowcake would attract
unwanted interest from bad people (bad as in heavy armed and very nervous).

> However, let's ignore that for the present.  Then it becomes a question of
> muon range, which looks to me like it is far too short to allow proton
> capture.  Now I really am relying on memories from 30 year old physics
> lectures, but as I understand it, the mechanism is to catalyze the proton
> capture using a muon, which is like an electron but has a couple hundred
> times the mass.  I haven't heard any other proposed mechanism besides muon
> catalysis.

If you look at the blog of Rossi (the "Journal of Nuclear Physics") you
can find an article by Stremmenos about a possible mechanism of reaction:

Hydrogen/Nickel cold fusion probable mechanism (Stremmenos)
http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=338

How can 30% of nickel in Rossi’s reactor be transmuted into copper?
(Bettini)
http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=473

Mirco