[ExI] Hydraulic Fracturing [WAS Re: Cephalization, proles...]

Richard Loosemore rpwl at lightlink.com
Tue May 24 18:42:56 UTC 2011

Tomaz Kristan wrote:
> Water kilometers bellow the surface must be cleaned? Since when and why?
>
> I know, that the surface waters should be cleaned, no doubt. Or any
> water which can poison a city. But demand to clean all the water where
> the oil was recently ... is just so Green.

This is almost fun.

Do you know what is the subject under discussion here?

This is called "hydraulic fracturing".

It is about taking a large flow of water from rivers, adding (known +
unknown) chemicals to the water, then heating it up and sending it
underground, where it forces the gas out of the rocks, and comes back up
again as a gas-water mixture.

Then the gas is extracted from the mixture, and ..... oh dear.

The water that comes back up seems to be poisoned.

If that is too complicated for you to understand, don't worry.  If (and
I am only saying "if") you are ranting right-wing nut, people don't
really expect you to understand such things anyway.

Sigh.

Richard Loosemore