[ExI] Power satellites microwave power transmission

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Fri May 27 04:51:54 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 6:42 PM, Brent Allsop
<brent.allsop at canonizer.com> wrote:

> Hi Keith,
>
> What do you think about what these Japanese are working on:
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1390682/Plans-gigantic-lunar-ring-solar-panels-beam-energy-Earth-unveiled.html?ITO=1490
>
> How does that compare with the Geo Sync stuff you are talking about?

I will support anything that will deal with the energy/carbon problem.

There are problems though unless the power is generated on the moon
for almost nothing.  It's a lot further away, and unlike
geosynchronous, it doesn't stay in the same place in the sky.  Each
relay cost about 50%.

Keith