[ExI] Cephalization, proles--Where is government going?

Richard Loosemore rpwl at lightlink.com
Fri May 27 12:41:31 UTC 2011

Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:
> On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 10:24 PM, Richard Loosemore <rpwl at lightlink.com> wrote:
>> Mirco Romanato wrote:

>>> Why not outlaw these (if they are not already) instead to outlaw
>>> something far related?
>> That is what we are trying to DO!
>
> ### No, not true. The problems of fracking fluid disposal have been
> long since resolved, they are just used as a pretext to extort more
> money from gas miners or just to shut them down.
>

>> But you have to look at the technology: Â if we outlawed these things they
>> woudl not be able to use hydraulic fracturing at all, because they would
>> then be taking whole rivers, filling them with (undisclosed) poisons,
>
> ### "Undisclosed poisons"!!!
>
> Bwahahaha!
>
> ------------------
>> sending them underground to do the fracking, then bringing them up and
>> ...... putting them WHERE?
>>
>> There would be no place for them to go. Â They could not store them in
>> plastic bottles.
>>
>> So, outlawing these problems is, ipso facto, equivalent to outlawing
>> fracking itself.
>
> ### There are literally dozens of ways of cleaning fracking fluids,
> some of them are quite cheap and are being used routinely in US
> operations.
>
> Richard, why don't you read up on the technology before you start
> spouting pronouncements?

I live in the U.S., and in fact I live right on top of the Marcellus
Shale.  And I know the technology.  Not only that, but I get the news
reports from the Pennsylvania counties just south of here where
disasters are happening.

And the lake just a few miles away from where I live has been used as a
dumping ground for the fluids, so some friends of mine who live on that
lake can now go swim in  the pollutants if they want.

Like many right-wing people, you think you can cover your ignorance by
simply accusing the well-informed people on the other side of the
ignorance you are guilty of.  First grade BS, I am afraid.

So, to prove it:  show the evidence:

1)  Give me the details of what chemicals are being used by Chesapeake
Energy in its fracking operations.  Full chemistry, please.  Apparently
you are privy to information that the lawmakers in Pennsylvania and New
York have been unable to extract from companies such as Chesapeake.

2)  Give me the evaluation, by unbiassed experts, of the "literally
dozens of ways of cleaning fracking fluids, some of them are quite cheap
and are being used routinely in US operations".

Richard Loosemore