[ExI] a very silly story

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat May 28 13:44:45 UTC 2011

... On Behalf Of Eugen Leitl
>> ...So much of this fun stuff we used to do would now attract too much
attention from Homeland Security.  Their curiosity would be aroused at
something as benign as collecting a bunch of ammonium nitrate.  Tim  McVeigh
spoiled so much fun...

>...Well, you're a farmer... right? Eugen* Leitl

Ja.  The point is that if one has crops, getting a bunch of ammonium nitrate
is perfectly legitimate and necessary.  If Farmer Jones uses even a smallish
amount of it to blast a stump for instance, the local authorities might
become alarmed and Farmer Jones can no longer get ammonium nitrate for use
as fertilizer.  I suppose I must hire a contractor to blast the stump with
dynamite, which is expensive, and my own knowledge of how to do the same job
with a sack of ammonium nitrate is wasted.