[ExI] Kelly's future

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon May 30 17:55:19 UTC 2011

On 26 May 2011 22:58, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> When you get down to the raw philosophy of it, you are correct. I
> think most of us tend to be a little more practical than most
> philosophers allow for.

Indeed. But I maintain that in order to be *really* practical to the end, we
need not and should not concern ourselves with issues such as whether a
given biological or electronic system is "conscious" because the word has
not meaning in the first place, unless as a stenographic, coarse-grained
reference to a certain set of behaviours which makes it easy for us to
project on such systems our own internal statuses.

Being a capitalist entrepreneur, I tend to look at things from the POV
> of the customer. I this case the rapist.

:-)

>  > Accordingly, those who might like to suffer an *actual* rape, as opposed
> > just seeing it mimicked, are bound never to have the experience they
> > crave... :-)
>
> That's pretty easy, just put on the right dress and walk around the
> wrong neighborhood at the wrong time. :-)

Yep, but you would be *pretending* lack of consent, wouldn't you? :-)

And if you change your mind along the way, you can then get actually raped,
but in that case you would not be a willing participant anymore.

--
Stefano Vaj