[ExI] Kelly's future

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Tue May 31 03:05:30 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 9:35 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki
<rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the unlikely event that flesh men continue to exist after the
> singularity and can own AI devices, I would expect that the artificial
> woman would displace the vast majority of flesh women and severely
> reduce their appeal, since most women are nothing to boast about.
> Given the low quality of most women as companions (due to personality
> problems and having the above-mentioned agenda) most men would
> probably be fully satisfied with the robots, especially once the
> stigma wears off, and would even continue to procreate. There would be
> some men who would seek women as a status symbol, although I would
> expect that most of their real emotional needs would be still catered
> for be devices actually *designed* to be nice to men.

So many things about this paragraph make me want to shout "that's
wrong!"  but not enough to make any effort at a coherent counter
point.

"after the singularity"  Why even speculate about that?  You must have
meant after the just-before-the-singularity, which is the period where
things happen so quickly and apparently chaotic that everyone's
current fantasies are fulfilled just as the magical event makes
everything irrelevant.  I imagine it'll be like the hour before the
nightclub closes - but the club will be everywhere and nobody will
have to wake up with regret the next morning.

In that sense, sexual preference of either/both/all gender will be
arbitrary and probably beyond what anyone could conceive today.