[ExI] Pesky Neutrinos

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Tue Nov 1 22:36:32 UTC 2011

Adrian Tymes wrote:
> 2011/11/1 john clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net <mailto:jonkc at bellsouth.net>>
>
>      On *Tue, 11/1/11, Adrian Tymes /<atymes at gmail.com
>     <mailto:atymes at gmail.com>>/* wrote:
>
>         "Sorry, I thought it was implied: A and B, themselves, are not
>         moving relative to one another."
>
>     Then causality is not violated even with a FTL signal. So you
>     can't always produce paradoxes, just some of the time; most of the
>     time actually because usually things are moving relative to one
>     another.
>

> Could I get you to explain, then, a series of events whereby A can
> perform some action where, from A's perspective, the actual effect
> (not just the observation via light) happens before the cause?
I did a simple worked example here on a roleplaying forum of how a twice
lightspeed signal to a relativistic observer in SR can produce a loop
where you can get a return message before you sent your message:
http://www.eclipsephase.com/faster-speed-light-how-would-it-change-ep-if-all#comment-22275

Another version (final section relates to in-game assumptions, not the
real world):
http://www.eclipsephase.com/faster-speed-light-how-would-it-change-ep-if-all#comment-22422

--
Anders Sandberg,