[ExI] Weird new way to do physics

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Fri Nov 4 15:17:19 UTC 2011

On Fri, 4 Nov 2011, Noon Silk wrote:

> 2011/11/4 Tomasz Rola <rtomek at ceti.pl>:
> > On Thu, 3 Nov 2011, The Avantguardian wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >> this, my computer is running a brute-force search algorithm in Python to
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > AFAIK Python as it is today is unfit for calculations, especially on
> > multicore machines (because it is unicore).  [...]
>
> Obviously, this is wrong.
>

> > You could also mix Python with functions in C/C++ for time consuming
> > routines, but IMHO long term this is going to backfire one way or another
> > (I mean, mixing different languages under one roof).
>
> As is this.

I have no other choice but remain being wrong, since you didn't care to
explain yourself. Thus your remarks are close to useless.

At a minimum, you could have told me that there are Python implementations
that are GIL-free:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/GlobalInterpreterLock

This would made your criticism constructive and useful.

Regards,
Tomasz Rola