[ExI] Capitalism, anti capitalism, emotional arousal

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Nov 12 23:29:08 UTC 2011

Subject: Re: [ExI] Capitalism, anti capitalism, emotional arousal

>.But I don't think not letting Lewis talk had anything to do with racism.

Actually I don't either, but that makes my point exactly.  We cut the one
group plenty of slack, and the other, none.  Why?  The media hypocrisy is
stunning.

>. The tea party is also moved by frustration and discontent but I find it
too misguided and ignorant to be something to feel sympathetic towards.

{8^D  Misguided and ignorant.  Oh boy.  Giovanni, do let me cordially invite
you to come to the states and attend rallies of both fringe movements.  See
it firsthand, talk to the participants.  Read the signs.  Watch, listen,
talk to a lot of the participants.  Note the astonishing differences, the
stunning fundamental contrast.  The TEA party people know exactly what they
want, it's right in their name, Taxed Enough Already.  At the Tea Party is
plenty of frustration, but you will not find anyone carrying a sign that
says "Shit is fucked up and shit."  (That slogan may be trademarked by an
Occupier.)

As a thought experiment, imagine randomly choosing an Occupier and a Tea
partier, then arranging a political debate.  Imagine a game of history
trivia.  Imagine leveling the field a little by having one randomly chosen
Tea Partier vs about four or five randomly chosen Occupiers.  We MIGHT get
an interesting match with those odds.

Note the fundamental difference in attitude.

Last note on that, since this is my fifth and final post of the day.  The
Tea parties are just good clean fun.  They really are.  The people are calm
and nice, the cops feel comfortable, not worried anyone is going to jump
them or push over their Harley or riot.  The speeches are upbeat and
hopeful.  The four events I attended, everyone seemed to be enjoying
themselves.  A CNN reporter looked like she was mildly terrified and was
ready to jump out of her skin, but I couldn't figure out why.  It seemed
safer than being in the crowd at a football game to me.  People were
treating her with respect, whether she deserved it or not.

At a Tea Party rally, you will not find dazed stoners, you will find no
fistfights, no alcohol or dope, you will see them welcome the cops and treat
them with respect.  You will find no one there who has no idea why they are
there, or where they are exactly.  You will not see thieves working the
crowd.  You will see minorities well represented and welcomed with open
arms.  The Tea party tends to be older, far more well informed than the
general public, more alert, more educated and well read.  A lot of us were
around in both the Carter years and the Reagan years.  You will see respect
for other people's property and for their persons, respect for minorities
and women.  There will be no rapes.  You will hear encouraging speeches,
that this country can be saved, that America is still the land of
opportunity, and see examples of that notion up on the speakers' platform.
You will feel the attitude that America has its problems, but these can be
solved because we are Americans and we solve problems, for we love freedom,
we respect the individual's right to life, liberty and the pursuit of
happiness, and that fundamentally, the American people are good, that
America is good.  Evolution bless these people!