[ExI] Mars rover on its way

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Nov 26 16:32:37 UTC 2011

On Behalf Of Jeff Davis
Subject: [ExI] Mars rover on its way

Launch sequence completed, flawlessly, one minute ago.

Best, Jeff Davis

                       "Everything's hard till you know how to do it."
                                                   Ray charles

The launch sequence isn't what scares me on this mission, it's that landing
sequence.  That is a controls engineering trick that will impress me
bigtime, if it works, but will not surprise me a bit if it fails.  Landing
something like Curiosity in the JPL way is one of those things Ray Charles
would agree is hard even after you know how to do it.

Good luck Curiosity!