[ExI] Weird new way to do physics

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Mon Nov 28 03:18:06 UTC 2011

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011, Kelly Anderson wrote:

> I really miss pe (aka pEdit), the text editor that WordPerfect made...
> it rocked my world at the time. So much easier than vi.
>
> What text editors do you use today? Not word processors, but text
> editors (like Notepad, but with teeth).

Yup. I tend to use Gnu Emacs almost exclusively. I liked its keystrokes
over vi and later I became intrigued by its internal Lisp interpreter.

>From time to time, especially in low-mem env I use (g)vim. It has some
nice programmability, too. But I remain subscribed to Lisp. AFAIK vi is
the first editor installed by many Linux flavors, so it's good to know it
in case install goes wonky.

BTW, does sed count? I use it, sometimes, in command line etc. And cat,
too, but this was only few times (there was a Linux once, where vi didn't
install and I had to concoct a clone of grep that always returned only
one thing, so that install could proceed).

I have read above paragraphs. Now I see that I am a bit strange and not
like the merry people on the street. But at least I can do something with
a cat that they never ever dreamt of.

Regards,
Tomasz Rola