[ExI] Slow thinking

john clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 1 17:39:14 UTC 2011

On Sat, 10/1/11, Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com> wrote:
"It would have 10^15 times more memory than a human, and be able to think about 10^15 times more things at the same time than a human."

"Not impressed.  You are talking about something that isn't that far
off of the present where we have ~10^10 people and with access to
information on that kind of multiple through the internet."

Right, not far from what we have now, provided there were 10^5 more people than there are on this planet, and all of them really did have instant access to all the world's libraries, and they were all totally interconnected so they knew what each other was doing, and they were all working harmoniously toward the same thing, and each one thought several million times faster than they do now.

 John K Clark