[ExI] The End of the Future

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 22:06:48 UTC 2011

2011/10/3 Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com>:
> Sure. But the first step is to realise that we do have a problem

Of course.  But that is only the first step, and it is the only step
Thiel took.  It is not enough.

> I think however that the "solution" implicit in Thiel's, and my, analyses is
> pretty obvious.

It is not.  There are many possible solutions - and, moreover, many of
those who wallow in despair will think there are none (and thus, won't
see them unless explicitly pointed out).

> Unless transhumanist values manage to replace through a
> deliberate action to this effect those dominant today, no posthuman change
> is going to happen.

You have stated a possible solution there.  That is more than Thiel's
article did.