[ExI] Power vs. Money

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 4 14:54:18 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, October 4, 2011 10:16 AM Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
> I envision a future where everyone has much *less* power over other
> people (ideally none at all), and much more power over themselves.

This is indeed my hope too. And that's basically what libertarianism should end in: each individual having autonomy/sovereignty over her or himself and over no one else.

And, of course, taking the long view of history, things do seem to be going in that direction in many areas -- even if there are opposing trends in others. Think of, in Western nations, the liberties now enjoyed by women, gays, and ethnic minorities that were only debated about a century or two ago. At the same time, of course, there are things like recreational drug prohibition that evince an opposing trend. Hopefully, that will soon end.

Regards,

Dan