[ExI] The twists & turns of politics & idealism (was: The End of the Future)

Amon Zero amon at doctrinezero.com
Wed Oct 5 20:17:10 UTC 2011

On 5 October 2011 19:26, Amon Zero <amon at doctrinezero.com> wrote:

>> If you don't wish to give that impression, might I suggest something
>> like this?  "We will form a counter-tea party, to tap the grass roots
>> anger of real ordinary Americans, and elect a Congress that will
>> demand crackdowns on the corporate titans who have bought out our
>> government, and the arrest of the leaders of both major parties under
>> the RICO Act."  That proposes a far more achievable course of action.

ps. I should clarify that I didn't intend an actual, running-the-country
shadow government. But rather something like an elaborate citizen's forum,
which runs a kind of model of what the people would like to see the real
government doing. Which would mean listening to the people a lot in the
first place.

Of course with no space to explain such an idea, I got it badly, badly
wrong. I stand by the sentiment, but as I've said elsewhere I'd rather check
we've got the right omelette recipe before we start cracking eggs!
 Arresting extant politicians under laws meant for organised crime doesn't
strike me as a plausible or even desirable option, but i do appreciate the
effort to make sense of a clearly ambiguous statement on my part.

So no arresting politicians, then. Now *bankers*, on the other hand...   ;-)

- A