[ExI] The Parallel Man

Dennis May dennislmay at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 9 22:03:27 UTC 2011

Alan Grimes wrote:

> I'm sorry, but this idea makes entirely too much sense.
> Because it is so overwhelmingly logical, and because
> the concepts and ideas are both appealing and sound,...

As long as it remains a non-medical device for enhancement
it can quickly build market and pay for further development
as it improves.  If some devices require medical implants an
off-shore implant facility might reduce that bottleneck to
development.

I am hopeful that the process can start out non-medical to
build experience and capital for further development.  Limited
capabilities, low risk, and low pricing to get into the market
will allow experience to build quickly.  If you go into the
subject matter with some huge design in mind without
feedback from the market [slice and dice brains to be uploaded]
that means you're into the thousand year central planning
method of engineering which is always eclipsed by
actual technical development and actual market driven
innovations.  There will be plenty of time and money for slice,
dice, and upload later.  A minor enhancement to gain market
acceptance in the short term is a realistic goal.

Dennis May