[ExI] Avon's latest

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Oct 13 02:02:23 UTC 2011

Subject: Re: [ExI] Avon's latest

2011/10/12 spike <spike66 at att.net>:
>> Just today I put the finishing touches on the first draft of a
>> powerpoint presentation for Matryoshka Brains...
>
>> If anyone here want to review and comment, I will post it.

>...I thought AI class posting did not count towards voluntary daily
limits...

Ja, but the MBrain pitch isn't AI class or related at all.  I downplayed
that aspect of MBrains.  This audience is filled with stodgy engineers, not
hard core types like... us.

>...So do post that content.

I would have, but it's over 20 megabytes.  Theoretically I could give myself
permission and jam that through the filter, but I don't consider that quite
right.

>... unless of course the Royal Smart Persons have some exclusive rights.

No, these are three guys who have been anticipating this pitch however,
three guys with whom I have been discussing the matter offlist.

There are still two guys here I hope will volunteer to read the pitch, Eugen
and Anders.  Actually I probably need to reference both as contributors of
ideas to the whole notion.

Before he became distracted by another project (the computer history thing)
Robert Bradbury and I were  anticipating co-authoring a book on MBrains.
Not a word of it was written at his unexpected and untimely passing.  So now
it is a solo act, but I would welcome critical review of the presentation.

Mike are you upwardly signing?