[ExI] What's the fastest language to speak?

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Oct 18 01:33:53 UTC 2011

>. Behalf Of Isabelle Hakala
Subject: Re: [ExI] What's the fastest language to speak?

I only translated the first 2 paragraphs to ASL but it was only 40 signs.
Just in case anyone was interested. There is no good way to translate it
other than by human. Isabelle

Cool, that sounds like a challenge.  We figure out how to get a seventh
generation game console with movement sensor, such as the Xbox 360 or a Sony
PlayStation 3 to watch someone do ASL signs and translate it into text.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_(seventh_generat
ion)

Then use Windows Media Center graphics to translate text into ASL.

I already knew what an Xbox360, a Wii and a PS3 are.  Oh my, am I a hipster
hepcat or what?  I am so with the mod scene, man.

spike

If someone really wants me to do the entire thing, I will, and I will
annotate it.

On Oct 17, 2011 5:42 PM, "spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

>... On Behalf Of Anders Sandberg

>Subject: Re: [ExI] What's the fastest language to speak?

>...A quick little check using Google Translate (so do not expect any
scientific quality) of the story Eugene posted...:

>...Albanian: 958 words, 4,425 characters

Arabic: 799 words, 3,420 characters

Basque: 647 words, 4,221 characters

Chinese (traditional, tr...

Here's my contribution to Anders' experiment.  I sorted by words, then by
characters.

By words:

Finnish:

615