[ExI] Fwd: [tt] The Stars Are Not Too Far

Charlie Stross charlie.stross at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 18:25:58 UTC 2011

On 14/10/2011 10:50, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 03:58:05PM +1100, ddraig wrote:
>> Hey, Charlie, plug from Vernor Vinge - well done!
>
> Not sure Charles Stross still reads this list. Judging
> from his blog he's far too busy for that.

As it happens, I accidentally glanced at it just now (for the first time
in a couple of weeks).

Trouble is, the throughput here is too high for me to easily keep track
of the high-volume threads.

Plus, I'm trying to write another damn' posthuman space opera (sticking
close to a rather whips'n'bondage extrapolation of future technology
that *doesn't* encompass anything that requires messing with the laws of
physics). Which tends to reduce my reading time.

> The Children of the Sky is now out (I've just bought it via
> Amazon Kindle for Android; Kindle for PC and Calibre will
> get rid of the pesky DRM).

I got it in manuscript from Vernor :-)

-- Charlie