[ExI] Is Transhumanism Coercive?

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Oct 20 13:05:40 UTC 2011

. On Behalf Of John Grigg

Subject: Re: [ExI] Is Transhumanism Coercive?

Anders Sandberg wrote:

>>>Now off to London to talk ethics of brain interfaces and do a BBC
interview on enhancers... ah, the life of the jetset (or rather, train-set)
bioethicist! ;-)

>.Beautiful and intelligent women surrounding you constantly, all you can
eat gourmet conference buffets, thrilling intellectual debates with your
arch-nemesis, travel in comfortable and speedy trains, walks along
historical university campuses, why, you could be a character out of Venture
Brothers!  All you are missing is a massive bodyguard, your own personal
jet, and an out of date research compound.  John  : )

John, Anders is reality version of Dr. Benton Quest.

I mean the 1960s version, not the lame 1996 version with its supernatural
nonsense.  In the 1960s, Dr. Quest, Race Bannon and the boys used to do all
kinds of cool politically incorrect stuff like have gunfights with the bad
guys using real guns, and if that didn't work they could always land
speedboats on them.  Of course you and Anders are too young to be Jonny
Quest hipsters, but there are worse things than being too young.  {8^D