[ExI] Is Transhumanism Coercive?

Joseph Bloch seculartranshumanist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 23:59:45 UTC 2011

2011/10/20  <natasha at natasha.cc>:
> Quoting Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com>:
>
>> But perhaps those who disagree can point me to a source, any source,
>> expressing such a weird position. In that case, yes, we should have to
>> disagree with it.
>
> I'll do this off list.

Could I ask you not to do so? I think it's in all our interests to
know if there are folks out there advocating mandatory life extension,
compulsory replacement of limbs and organs with bionic replacements,
and obligatory cognitive enhancement drugs. Especially if they're
doing so in the name of Transhumanism.

Surely that's something that all Transhumanists need to know about, if
only in order to guard against it.

Joseph