[ExI] ai application, was: RE: suv hipsters

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Oct 22 19:49:34 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of MB
Subject: Re: [ExI] ai application, was: RE: suv hipsters

> 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo painted "Bright Silver Metallic".

>> ... <http://www.simpson260.com/hosting/jeeps/04jeep.htm>
http://www.simpson260.com/hosting/jeeps/04jeep.htm>

>...Cool.  I think that one is too new, it's curvy and bloated - has a
WindozeXP look to it, if you know what I mean. Rounded out and fat. Many
2000+ cars have that look. :(  Regards,  MB

Keep in mind that the rims are often the fingerprint characteristic, since
those are changed often.  It is a graphic that is easily and cheaply changed
from one model year to the next.  They only used those five spoke five lug
spiral rims on two model years, the 1994 and 1995 Laredos, and possibly some
93s.

Here's my next idea.  We guys, especially engineering types, only see ten
colors clearly.  Fortunately there are only ten digits, otherwise we geeks
would be unable to read the value of our resistors.  But cars come in more
colors than that.

Non-geeks and many women can distinguish dozens or even scores of colors.
So imagine we manage to organize a neighborhood car-map project by
volunteers.  We need some way to translate some of the more subtle colors
into words, many of which we geeks have no clue as the actual definition,
especially the more sissy sounding ones, such as taupe, mauve, chartreuse
and violet, for instance.  We engineering types can only clearly envision
black, brown, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, gray, and white, and
of course we know that these correspond to the digits zero through nine.

But if you go into the color wheel in Microsloth Word, you see that there
are all these choices.  There are fifty choices in theme colors alone!
Setting aside for the moment the absurdity of having seventy different
colors (SEVENTY!  As if we can use them all.  Or even tell the difference
between them.) we can describe a car by most closely matching one of those
fifty colors, then describing it row and column in Microsloth word.  It
looks like this:

I don't know the names of most of these theme colors.  I see a zero in
there, but not one, I see a two and a three, a four through six under
standard colors, possibly a seven, not a good eight, but nine is in there in
the first row first column.

So instead of describing a car with some mysterious adjective such as
chartreuse (whatever the heck that is) we find the closest match in the
Microsloth table that everyone has right in front of them right now, ja?

To add still more absurdity, note that even after showing us seventy colors
(SEVENTY!) there is a tab suggesting that there exists STILL MORE COLORS!
Your mileage may vary, but I am pretty sure it is all some kind of grand gag
the fashion industry is playing on us nerds who know there really are only
ten colors.  But I digress.

In any case, the sleazy perp's 94 or 95 Laredo zeej with the one 00-wall
tire is color 00 and my much-loved Mister Lincoln is color 22 approximately.

Alternative ideas?