[ExI] Is Transhumanism Coercive?

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Mon Oct 24 14:08:38 UTC 2011

Kelly, your use of "coercive" is disappointing and incorrect in relation to
this thread and transhumanism. And your supposition that "we all have to be
equal" is also disturbing because it presupposes a certain homogony, which
is anything but the future as presented through the writings and ideas of
transhumanism.

There is a vast difference between a trend and an enculturalization and a
coercive behaviors. The former are based on human psychology, which innate
desire is to be similar and to find people who you feel comfortable with and
want to emanate. The latter is a vulgar dictatorial insistence.  If people
tend to prefer one style of use of technology over another, this is a trend
and/or a process of enculturalization not a coerciveness act or action.

Natasha

Natasha Vita-More

Chair, Humanity+
PhD Researcher, Univ. of Plymouth, UK