[ExI] Fwd: How you fix congress! by Warren Buffett

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 22:00:22 UTC 2011

2011/10/25 Dave Sill <sparge at gmail.com>:
> 2011/10/25 Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com>
>> So...how do we actually get this even considered by state legislatures?
>
> Simple: don't vote for a congressional candidate who doesn't endorse it and
> don't vote for any member of congress who votes against it. Of course it's
> going to take widespread public awareness and support to get on the radar.

I said state legislatures.  If it comes up in Congress, here's how it'll go:

1. Refer to Committee Of Safe Districts, which is staffed exclusively by
Congresspeople who have run unchallenged for a while, and whose districts
have proven completely unable to provide serious (or, preferably, any)
challengers.

2. Kill it in said committee.

3. Everyone who might possibly take flak from not supporting it is free to
swear they would have voted for it had it come up for a vote, but Those Other
People didn't allow it.

Congress has gotten very good at this formula.