[ExI] destructive uploading was AI class

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Sep 2 12:32:11 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 01, 2011 at 07:12:31PM -0700, G. Livick wrote:
> I've wondered what it would be like, how it would impact a person
> psychologically, to be a thinking entity without a physical body.  What

Why no physical body? How do you expect to be able to sense and manipulate
virtual and physical environments? (Moreover, while we monkeys have pretty
flexible body images, there are limits).

> would we do all day?  Email people?

You could definitely send a suspended image of a person over a data
link. Just don't attach too many, or they'll bounce, and InterPlaNet
roaming is crazy expensive.