[ExI] Destructive uploading.

john clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 2 20:02:17 UTC 2011

On Fri, 9/2/11, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

"The question is unclear. Destructive of what?"

"Of the original."
The original what? It can't be the original atoms because there is no such thing, they are constantly getting recycled. It can't be matter because matter can't be created or destroyed. It can't be energy because energy is fungible; if I pour a gallon of red Kool Aid into the Yangtze river upstream of the Three Gorges Dam it would be meaningless to ask which particular watt hour of energy out of the 22,500,000,000 that the dam produced came from the Kool Aid. And assuming the upload was done without mishap it can't be information that was destroyed as the entire point of uploading is to preserve information.

So what's left, what is destroyed, is it the soul? I don't believe in the soul, although I do believe in the sole and I have two.

  John K Clark