[ExI] A Nobel laureate and climate change

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 07:42:11 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 5:56 AM, Keith Henson  wrote:
<snip>
> But people get hung up on arguing about trivia that just doesn't
> matter.  If we don't solve the energy problem with a SBSP,
> StratoSolar, nuclear, or something I don't yet know about, then we are
> in a world of hurt sooner and of far more serious consequence than hot
> summers and Texas fires.

Correct, Keith.   The problem is short-term thinking by politicians
and corporate leaders.

When the crisis hits, they hope that either,
1)  they will be dead so it's the next generations' problem.
2) they will be spending their last years in gated compounds with the
other super-rich and their servants, so it is still the next
generations' problem.

I'm all right Jack (for now) taken to the extreme.

BillK