[ExI] China bans time travel

David Lubkin lubkin at unreasonable.com
Tue Sep 20 20:44:44 UTC 2011

Spike wrote:

>Are any of you old enough to remember a show called "It's About
>Time" from the 1960s?  Two astronauts accidentally break the light
>barrier and go back in time to the caveman days.  Wacky funny
>silliness for a six year old.

Not only do I remember it, but I can still sing the theme song!

As for the actual topic, I clicked over to the actual report from
the PRC State Administration of Radio Film and Television.

Google Translate renders <http://bit.ly/phL24r>  the concern,
which CNN thinks includes time travel stories, as

 > {W]e also found some signs of incorrect creation: individual
 > returns filed through the drama of fantasy and drama, random
 > compilation of fairy tales, the plot weird, bizarre, absurd
 > way, and even rendering of feudal superstition, fatalism and
 > reincarnation, ambiguous values, the lack of a positive
 > ideological significance.

Does anyone here read Chinese well enough to tell if CNN's
version is accurate? I'm learning, but far from good enough.

-- David.