[ExI] Faster than light??

Dennis May dennislmay at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 24 13:32:23 UTC 2011

Eugen Leitl wrote:

> I'd call retrograde signalling in time (which can be
> indefinite via a chain of routers) and causality violations
> pretty Earth-shattering. It would e.g. allow post-Singularity
> entities to reach back in time, which can produce some
> pretty dramatic pyrotechnics. If the reshaping of timelines
> is iterative, you might not want to talk to even near-term
> future.

If it is verified that there are particles traveling faster than
the speed of light Special Relativity will unravel and
questions of time travel and causality violations will
disappear as well.

Lorentz Ether Theory and related theories do not suffer
from this type of brittle inability to adapt to new
observation.

Dennis May