[ExI] Judging radical possibilities

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 17:51:47 UTC 2011

On 25 September 2011 12:48, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

> This is an interesting statement. Let's (for this thread) drop the question
> about what we actually think of FTL or relativity, and instead look at the
> quite interesting meta-question "How do we judge the likeliehood of radical
> changes of physics?"

Much as I am fond of QM, I never liked much SR from an aesthetical POV, let
alone the severe limitations it seems to impose as far as the realm of
possibilities is concerned.

But I came with years to appreciate its consistency and to some extent its
"unavoidability", so I am quite at loss for the time being in assessing the
conceptual consequences of an even marginal  falsification of the theory...

But, hey, I am just a poor lawyer. Let's theorical physicists and science
philosophers have their day. :-)

--
Stefano Vaj