[ExI] Is there a potential libertarianism / democracy tension?

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 09:07:48 UTC 2011

On 27 September 2011 16:56, David Lubkin <lubkin at unreasonable.com> wrote:
> If Saddam is doing the same thing, which he did, there is a fair
> question -- and subsequent divide among libertarians -- of what
> to do about it.

What about a hypothetical Saddam organising an attack on US territory
in order to defend the people of Seattle, or local muslim from
discrimination? I think we are on a dangerous slope here.

It is difficult to imagine a literal and absolute application of the
time-honoured principle of non-interference, but the opposite is
definitely at odd with any meaningful concept of self-determination
and independence.

--
Stefano Vaj